10/03/2011

from Spencer Mitchell

I was very sorry to learn of Ali's passing away on Saturday, but took some comfort that it was peaceful. I would very much like to offer you and your family my personal condolences. It was
quite a shock to me as my sister, Barbara, and I was only having a long chat with him after rehearsal last Tuesday. Barbara has learning difficulties but Ali was always so kind and understanding with her. She was very fond of him and knitted him a scarf some time ago - he was so pleased that she had done this for him.

Hazel has told me that she has had a tremendous response from WLOS members and I know he will be terribly missed. I told Ali last Tuesday that I was very pleased that he had decided to join us again for HMS Pinafore next month.

Once again, my sincere condolences to you and your family.

In deepest sympathy.

Spencer J. Mitchell (Deputy Chairman, WLOS)